1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Mainly hot chocolate, (Stephens Mint Truffle is my favorite!) but I like a few sips of Egg Nog about once a year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Unwrapped under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree and house or white? I go back and forth with this…lately I’ve been liking colored though. We have a white tree this year that our friend Wendy gave us. It looks so cute with the colored lights on it!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? They go up right after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? There are too many to choose from! One of my favorites is Raspberry Pretzel Salad though.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We always used to do a live nativity with all the grandkids out at my grandparents house, followed by a talent show. Robyn, Rachel, and I would argue over who got to be Mary 🙂
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open up our Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve.
9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We try to get a new ornament every year but they’re always random…sometimes just from the dollar store. This year I ordered two from Disney so we could remember our trip. Our house is so small that we only use the top couple of feet from a fake tree. It would never win a decorating contest, but it’s definitely full of love!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I hate snow! I wouldn’t mind it so much if it would just stay off the roads! BUT, if we’re all snuggled up with nowhere to go then it’s great!
12. Can you ice skate? I’ve never tried, but I suspect if it’s anything like roller skating that it would not be a match made in heaven.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A few that really stand out in my mind are a Cabbage Patch Doll from my parents, a Willow Tree figurine from Joe, and ornaments made in nursery at church from my kids.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I thought I already answered this one! Maybe my other “dish” wasn’t supposed to be dessert, but it’s my favorite! I love my mom’s sugar cookies, Grandma Betty’s fudge recipe, Holli’s pumpkin cake…there are so many that I love!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My dad makes Christmas breakfast featuring omelettes for the WHOLE family….around 30-40 people, then we play games, watch movies, and visit all day.
17. What tops your tree? I found a big snowflake on clearance last year so we’re using it. It’s really pretty but I wish it lit up!
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both, haha! I’d enjoying the giving part a little more if I had unlimited funds to make it a little easier to get people things I know they would like, but since I like to make things it works out okay. Our gifts come from the heart 🙂
19. Candy Canes: I like to have about one candy cane for the season, then I’m good.
20. Favorite Christmas show? The kids and I like to snuggle up on the couch and watch Christmas movies (the old ones like Rudolph and Frosty on ABC Family) during the last hour before Joe gets home from work. We also like Elf, Polar Express, and The Grinch.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes. I change the station when it comes on.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I have a lot! Here are a few, if I can get them to link up. My very most favorite is Silver Bells by She and Him. Silver Bells reminds me of Grandma Betty, both because she liked the song and because she had a necklace with two little bells on it and a ruby in the center of each. I also love Zooey’s voice!
Do You Hear What I Hear? by Bing Crosby
A Few of my Favorite Things by Julie Andrews
Pachelbel Canon in D by Transiberian Orchestra
Silver Bells by She and Him