First Day at Disneyland!

Disneyland opened at 8 a.m. on October 2nd, on a Tuesday, so we woke up early and hurried down to catch the ART bus.  The bus was included in our package and it was such a nice thing to have.  The buses stop every 20 minutes…our hotel was the first stop, both coming and going.  We couldn’t believe how many people they packed onto them by having people stand in the aisles, but it was worth it to avoid that extra 15-20 minute walk at the end of a long day!  Reese saw some trolleys at the park and thought they were called “jolly’s”, haha.

This was another super hot day and I’m sure that it got over 100 degrees.  Joe wanted me to write down the drinks we went through:  4 Gatorades, 1 Poweraid, 2 Fanta sodas, 2 Diet Pepsi, 4 Capri Suns, 6 bottles of water, and 1 apple juice between the four of us!  It was HOT!!!

We were so glad that we brought the stroller with us!  Both kids took turns riding in it, even though Easton was way too big.  It also came in handy for hauling all of our bags and drinks.  It cost $15 a day to rent one there so I’m glad we were able to fit ours into the car.

We went to Tomorrowland first, and the kids and Joe rode the Astro Orbiter for their very first ride.  I get dizzy really easy and I didn’t want to ruin the trip by getting sick, so I waited and took pictures if the rides looked like they might make me sick.

Our next ride was the Astro Blasters Buzz Lightyear ride and we all went on that, although Reese was a little afraid because it’s dark inside.  Easton and I had a lot of fun on this ride, and it was one of our favorites.  I think Reese did okay once it was going, but she didn’t want to go on it again.  Joe said she kept her eyes shut a lot of the time.

Autopia was our first experience with a long line.  I was tricked when I couldn’t see any people standing in line and thought we’d be able to walk right onto it like we did with Astro Blasters.  As we got further in, we noticed that the lines wove around and up and through…I think we had about a 40 minute wait for that one.  This next picture shows the end of the line when it was getting close to our turn.

Disneyland was all decorated for Halloween while we were there.  Most of my pictures show the back of Joe’s head while I was running to try and keep up with him!

Reese was anxious to go see the castle!

The kids and I ate lunch at La Brea bakery while Joe ran back to the hotel (literally) because he had forgotten to take his medicine before we left that morning.  I had a turkey avocado sandwich with chipotle mayo that was DELICIOUS and the kids had grilled cheese sandwiches that they also enjoyed.  Our sandwiches all came with fruit and drinks, and the total for the 3 of us was $28.66…yikes, but I guess that’s about average.  I loved my sandwich so much I went back and ate there again on Thursday!

We all loved the Peter Pan ride, especially the air conditioning!  That had to have been one of the very best parts of each ride…they were nice and cool!

Joe and the kids rode the merry-go-round, or “Miracle Round” as Reesie calls it, and the dizzy Dumbo ride.  I found a spot to sit by the fountain and drink more water.

We all loved the “It’s a Small World” ride…again, probably mostly because it had the best air conditioning of any ride in the park that we found.  It was a nice long ride that we could relax on, other than the blaring music anyway, haha!

The sky was so bright when we walked into Toon Town that it looked fake!  The kids loved the roller coaster, and Easton rode it a few extra times while I took Reese to visit with Mickey and Minnie in their houses.  When we came out, I found out that Easton had ripped his shorts pretty much from top to bottom in the front when he was getting off the ride, and the strap on his shoe had broken so it was flopping all around!

Easton and Joe rode Big Thunder Rail Road, and Easton told me it was scary but fun.  He loved that there was a goat that bit into dynamite on the ride.  While Reese and I were waiting, I heard someone call my name and it was my friend Lanae Mortimer that lived down the road when we were growing up.  It was so fun to run into her there!

I think it was only about 5 p.m. that first day when Easton started complaining about wanting to go back to the hotel.  I think it was mostly because of his ripped shorts, (I don’t blame him…embarrassing!)  We made it a little bit longer and then decided to go back to the hotel to let him change clothes, then we went to eat dinner at Red Robin.  We also stopped at Target to get Easton some new shoes and find some shorts for Joe.  By the time we got back to the hotel we were all exhausted!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s